But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. I Corinthians 15:20 (KJV)
As this Holy Week ends on the high note of Resurrection, I have listed ten reasons I give thanks for everything Jesus’ resurrection means to me:
- It lends credibility to everything Jesus said and taught.
- It proves he is the living Son of God.
- It informs his suffering and death on the cross for our salvation, healing, and freedom.
- It is the foundation of our faith.
- It gives me hope that I, too, will some day be resurrected to eternal life in him.
- It ensures our righteousness in him and right-standing before God.
- It demonstrates our future transformed body.
- The Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead now lives in me.
- The last enemy, death, no longer has power over us.
- I am now empowered by God’s Spirit.
Father, Lent and the reminder of our human frailty is past. We now can walk in resurrection life through Jesus Christ and his sacrificial death on the cross and his resurrection by your mighty power. Help us to apply all that means to every day of our lives. In his name. AMEN.